When someone comes into your gym, there’s a good chance asking the right sales questions will enable you to close the sale. But, the minute you start talking to them, they may instantly shut down and run for the door.
Why does this happen?
The average consumer is very smart. They can smell a sales pitch a mile away. But, if you’re able to ask the right sales questions, there’s a good chance you can sway them without much hesitation.
Because face it, consumers may know what they want, but they have too many options. So it may be hard to differentiate yourself from your competitors.
This is why, asking the right sales questions in your initial meeting, could help uncover the core needs your potential lead has. For example, if you uncover those core needs, you can show them how your gym can help them accomplish their core needs.
Those 10 questions include:
1. What brought you in today?
2. What are your short and long-term goals?
3. What would it mean to you to reach your desired goals?
4. What have you tried in the past? And why weren’t you successful?
5. What do you like about your current gym or workout situation?
6. What weaknesses do they have that have prevented you from being successful?
7. What type of relationship do you want to have with trainers and staff here?
8. Do you struggle with motivation?
9. If timeline or budget weren’t issues, what would your ideal solution look like?
10. How soon can we start working with you to reach your goals?
Although there are plenty of other questions you can ask, these 10 can get the conversation started. This way, you can build a stronger relationship and rapport with your potential prospect.
The more you know about them, their situation, and what drives, and motivates them, the more you can tailor your sales conversation to their unique struggles or pain points.
Take Home Message
When a new lead comes through your door, there are 10 simple questions you should ask to build rapport and put them in a buying state of mind.
For example, the wrong questions might drive them away. But the right questions could show them you care about their results, and may be a good fit for them.
Start each sales conversation with these 10 questions so you can turn more leads into paying clients.
Fitness Revolution helps fitness business owners build and scale successful businesses they love running. Through Strategic Business Coaching, powerful tools and metrics, and live training events, FR is able to help these studio owners tackle their biggest, most pressing challenge. For more information, visit https://frnation.com/.