Canadian active lifestyle brand Altea Active has opened its doors to Altea Active Toronto – Liberty Village. The 89,000 square foot state-of-the-art social wellness club is located at 25 Ordnance St. in Toronto, spanning the second and third floors of the new Novus residential community.
Altea Active Toronto is a massive urban playground offering Torontonians a space to play, work-out, relax, dine and socialize.
“We are excited to begin building our Altea Active Toronto community. Our newest club provides a modern space with premium amenities and services that are sure to reignite Torontonians love of fitness and living a healthy lifestyle,” said Michael Nolan, Co-founder and COO of Altea Active. “We’ve created a wellness club with something for everyone – from swimming in our 25m lane pool, to enjoying our five multi-purpose fitness studios offering 130+ group classes each week, to enjoying time with friends at Catalyst Kitchen & Cocktails. Our hope is that our members will make lasting social connections while living an activated life here at Altea Active Toronto.”
Designed by internationally acclaimed Chapi Chapo Design, Altea Active Toronto features the largest cycling studio in Canada, a 2,500 square foot hot yoga studio, a KLAFS Sanarium and KLAFS Polaris Ice Room, aquatics facilities including a 25-metre 3-lane lap pool, a Himalayan salt lounge and Somadome Meditation pod, as well as five state-of-the-art group fitness studios. The club also hosts a results-driven, dedicated small group training boutique, provided through LF3 Lifestyle Fitness.
Altea Active Toronto also offers an interactive 2,800 square foot Active Kid’s Club with child care services for its members to use while enjoying the club.
The club hosts four food and beverage offerings on-site. Catalyst (Kitchen & Cocktails), open to members only, is an elevated sit-down social lounge with a sustainable, good-for-you-focused food menu as well as a robust cocktail menu. Catalyst will also regularly host live entertainment featuring local musicians, DJs and comedians. The Altea Food Hall, located on the second floor, is open to the public and features a full-service Starbucks, The Smoothie Bar offering fresh, healthy smoothies, and an Ah-So Sushi with fresh grab-and-go sushi.
Technogym, a leading producer of design and technology-driven smart-connected fitness equipment and the official equipment provider of the past eight editions of the Olympic Games, is the equipment supplier for Altea Active Toronto. Club members will have access to the Technogym MYWELLNESS digital ecosystem, immersive Technogym Group Cycle equipment, Technogym Skillrun treadmills, and fully connected cardio equipment equipped with the Technogym Live user interface.
“Technogym is a leading brand in developing the most innovative digitally connected solutions, said Marco Zambianchi, President of Technogym North America. “We are very proud to have been chosen by Altea Active as the equipment supplier for the grand opening of their newest Toronto location. Both Technogym and the Altea Active brand represent the pinnacle of luxury fitness; we are looking forward to leveraging our unique connected ecosystem to provide Altea Active members with a unique and personalized wellness experience.”
Memberships to Altea Active Toronto start at $95 per month.
Altea Active Toronto – Liberty Village amenities and service highlights
- Five multi-purpose group fitness studios offering 130+ classes a week:
- 2,500 square foot hot yoga studio with three fireplaces
- Canada’s largest cycling studio with 75-bikes and a 285-inch screen
- Classes include boxing, HIIT, antigravity fitness, dance, barre, yoga, pilates & boot camps
- A results-driven, dedicated small group training boutique, provided through LF3 Lifestyle Fitness
- 150+ top-of-the-line cardio and strength training machines
- Aquatic facilities: 25-metre lap pool, hot tub, hydrotherapy jet pool **
- KLAFS Sanarium Bio Sauna **
- KLAFS Polaris Ice Room with Ice Fountain **
- KLAFS Steam Rooms
- A Himalayan Salt Lounge **
- Somadome Meditation pod; one of three currently available in Canada
- Two Topgolf Swing Suites sports simulators
- Four Duckpin Bowling lanes, pool tables, air hockey, dome hockey and pinball machines
- Family-friendly offerings: Altea Active Kid’s Club, family change rooms and family swim time
- Complimentary towel service
- Complimentary underground parking for members
- Catalyst (Kitchen & Cocktails) **
- Full-service Starbucks **
- The Smoothie Bar
- Ah-So Sushi **
**opening in mid to late March 2022
Founded by a team of fitness industry veterans, Altea Active is a Canadian active lifestyle brand that creates premium facilities offering fitness, wellness and social amenities and services.
Altea Active currently features a state-of-the-art 80,000 square foot facility in Winnipeg, Manitoba (opened in November 2019), and a new 89,000 square foot social wellness club in Toronto’s Liberty Village neighbourhood (opened in March 2022).