Altea Active opening in Liberty Village this November
“We are thrilled to announce details about our newest Altea Active social wellness club that will open in Toronto this November. Toronto is a dynamic, energetic city filled with people who enjoy living an activated lifestyle, and Altea Active will offer a one-of-a-kind urban playground for Torontonians looking for a vibrant social space that supports living a healthy lifestyle,” said Michael Nolan, co-founder and COO of Altea Active.
“We are excited to welcome Altea Active Toronto (Liberty Village) to Novus, Liberty Village’s newest rental residential community. This one-of-a-kind club is perfectly situated to deliver a premium wellness amenity for our residents, right at their doorstep,” said Wayne Popowich, Managing Partner, BentallGreenOak (BGO). “The importance of healthy living has become a renewed focus for BGO, and Altea Active’s wellness philosophy and unique approach to creating an environment for social connectivity could not have come at a better time for both the current and future residents of Novus and the Liberty Village neighbourhood.”
Designed by Altea Active’s new exclusive design partner, Toronto-based firm Chapi Chapo Design, Altea Active Toronto (Liberty Village) will be a design-forward active lifestyle centre featuring two levels of wellness-inspiring fitness and social spaces. The aquatic area will feature a 25-meter lap pool alongside a KLAFS Sanarium and KLAFS Polaris Ice Room. The club will also feature a 75-bike cycling studio with a 285-inch screen, a 2,500 square foot hot yoga studio, five boutique fitness studios that will host more than 185 group fitness classes every week and an open concept workout space with 250+ top-of-the-line cardio and strength training machines. Altea Active will also offer an interactive Kid’s Club, as well as spacious, comfortable areas for social gatherings and private events.
Altea Active Toronto (Liberty Village) amenities and service highlights
- Five multi-purpose boutique fitness studios for boxing, antigravity fitness, dance classes, boot camps and other strength & cardio classes
- 185+ group fitness classes a week, including Aquaphysical FloatFit, HIIT, boxing, barre and pilates
- 75-bike cycle studio with a 285-inch screen
- Aquatic facilities including a 25-metre lap pool, a hot tub and a hydrotherapy jet pool
- KLAFS Sanarium, KLAFS Polaris Ice Room and KLAFS Steam Rooms
- A Himalayan salt lounge and a meditation pod
- 2,500 square foot hot yoga studio
- 100+ top-of-the-line cardio machines
- 150+ top-of-the-line strength training machines
- Two Topgolf Swing Suites sports simulators
- Four Duckpin Bowling lanes, pool tables, ping pong and more
- Family-friendly offerings: Altea Active Kid’s Club, family change rooms, family swim time and Canadian Red Cross swim lessons
- Complimentary towel service
- Two-hour complimentary underground parking for members
Altea Active Toronto (Liberty Village) will also feature three food and beverage properties. The Smoothie Bar will offer a wide range of fresh, healthy smoothies designed to boost energy, promote rapid recovery, stimulate muscle growth and foster internal health. Catalyst (Kitchen & Cocktails) will provide an elevated sit-down social lounge for members with a sustainable, good-for-you-focused food menu as well as a robust cocktail menu. The lounge will also be available as a co-working space for members. The club will also have a Starbucks on the second floor.
“We have put a lot of consideration into every aspect of Altea Active Toronto (Liberty Village) to ensure we provide a supportive community-oriented wellness hub that will elevate our guests’ well-being, no matter their fitness level,” said Shawn Brown, Partner and Director of Operations for Altea Active. “Whether you’re wearing a suit while dining at Catalyst Restaurant pre-workout, taking a high energy HIIT class in yoga pants, or swimming laps in the pool – Altea Active is a space where everyone is encouraged to activate the best in themselves.”
Membership will range from $95-$125 per month and will include access to all studio fitness classes, aquatics and Catalyst (Kitchen & Cocktails).