ClubIntel, a global leader in conducting market research related to the health/fitness industry, has announced that it will launch a follow-up study to explore where the fitness industry stands nearly 6 months to the day after clubs and studios were initially closed due to government mandated closures. Some of the topics the study will generate clarity on include:
- How the industry looks today compared to six months ago – comparisons to our baseline study.
- The percentage of fitness operators that are now open for business.
- How long fitness operators been open and how long were they closed.
- The revenue and membership impact on the health club and studio business.
- The policies, practices, and systems operators have put into place since reopening to provide a safe and trusted environment for their members and address government guidelines.
- The practices implemented during closure, such as the use of digital on-demand/live fitness content that are now part of the reopening offer.
The study soft launched on September 1st and will be fully launch by September 14th. The survey will remain open till the last week of September and a final complimentary report will ready by mid-October.
ClubIntel encourages fitness operators to take five to seven minutes to complete the survey by clicking on the link below.
The data from this study will be made available to the industry at no cost in the hope it provides a compass for what fitness operators around the globe are doing to prevail and thrive in this new era.
ClubIntel is a brand insight, market research and strategic consulting firm focused on serving the health/fitness and private club industries. ClubIntel is an industry leader in respect to relevant research to support the needs of the health/fitness facility industry. ClubIntel’s research efforts include its annual International Fitness Industry Trend Study – What’s All the Rage, several industry-based research collaborations with IHRSA (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018 and 2019 Health Club Consumer Reports and 2016 State of the Mexican Health and Fitness Industry Report); the 2015, 2016 and 2017 Financial and Operational Benchmarking Reports for the Association of Fitness Studios (AFS); and the 2016 and 2017 State of the Industry Reports for the Club Spa and Fitness Association.