MOVATI Athletic is celebrating its 25th anniversary, with expansion plans designed to grow its unique approach to better health and wellness.
“We knew we had something special 25 years ago,” said Chuck Kelly, co-founder and CEO. “We started doing little things well and then big things followed. Our secret to success has been to just keep evolving and getting better, from our fitness and training methods and leading-edge facilities to the expanding variety of studio classes. That, and our incredibly dedicated Team Members, have helped make us one of the premier clubs in Canada.”
“Today, we serve nearly 100,000 members in 16 locations,” said Kelly. “We’re changing lives every day. We’ve hit a unique sweet spot in the fitness industry that our members regularly tell us they haven’t found anywhere else. Once people tour our clubs and meet our instructors and trainers, they’re hooked.”
Unique Fitness Model and Facilities
MOVATI’s 25 years of success is rooted in its philosophy to combine the best elements of a premium fitness club experience at an affordable cost. Among the newest club features:
- Nearly double the space of the average fitness club, with 70,000-square feet of state-of-the-art functional, cardio and strength training facilities and pools
- Dedicated, temperature and air filtration-controlled studios, including high intensity interval training (HIIT), hot yoga, cycling and multi-use studios
- Up to 150 group fitness classes per week, including Yoga, Hot Yoga, Pilates, TRX, Dance, Bungee, and speciality classes like Anti-Gravity Yoga, Aerial Hoops, Drums, Barre Flow and more
- Professional certified personal training, group personal training and nutrition services
- Dedicated, separate women’s fitness area featuring a spacious group fitness studio, fully equipped fitness floor, pool, hot tub, sauna and steam room for comfort and privacy
- Other amenities including: family pool, steam rooms and infra-red saunas, plus kids Playroom, café and several relaxing lounges
To celebrate its 25th anniversary, MOVATI will run special in-club activities and extend new membership promotions throughout September, including the chance to win a 25-month free membership.
25th Anniversary Fun Facts
- The total footprint of all MOVATI fitness clubs is larger than 55 NHL-size hockey rinks
- MOVATI’s most popular class is Hot Yoga
- More than 125 members have been with MOVATI for all 25 years
- MOVATI sellS over 200,000 shakes a year – enough to give the entire population of Oakville, ON a shake!
MOVATI Growth Plans
In the past seven years, MOVATI has invested more than $100 million in building new clubs in Ontario and Alberta, including building and opening clubs during the pandemic.
“Almost all of our loyal members have returned and we’re attracting more new ones,” said Kelly. “MOVATI is growing its membership and we’re bullish on the future of the fitness industry. We look forward to the next 25 years and making even more people feel welcome, feel comfortable and feel healthy at more MOVATI clubs.”
(Source: MOVATI Athletic)