ClubIntel, a global leader in conducting market research related to the health/fitness industry, has released its ground-breaking study on the fitness industry’s experience during mandated gym closures and re-opening.
The study involved an online survey of fitness operators around the globe. The study was administered and managed by ClubIntel, with distribution assistance from over 20 individual and organizational partners. The study was launched on September 1, 2020 and closed on September 30, 2020. A total of 556 fitness operators from eight global regions who represent just over 7,300 clubs, gyms and fitness studios responded to the survey.
Some of the study’s key findings include:
- Approximately 13% of fitness facilities responding to the survey remain closed as of September 2020.
- On average, fitness facilities that have re-opened have seen 69% of their pre-closure members return.
- On average, respondents are projecting that 2020 revenues will average 63% of the revenues they earned in 2019.
- Approximately 70% report adopting video-on-demand (VOD) for group fitness and 52% for fitness instruction and coaching.
- In most instances, fewer than 70% had adopted the 18 safety measures based on guidelines recommended by various national health authorities.
Read the Report: